Things to do in Dundee
Attractions in and about the town of Dundee include:
- The Moth Shell hole
- Talana Museum (a must see!)
- Tennis / squash courts
- Bowling greens
- A fine 18 hole golf course
- Water sports
Other Attractions in the Surrounding Area
Here are but a few things to do and see:
- The Battle of Blood River Heritage Site and the Ncome Museum; Isandlwana Battlefield; Rorke’s Drift
Museum and the site of the death of the Prince Imperial of France.
- You can also view San Bushmen paintings, Iron Age smelting sites, and enjoy a range of eco-tourism experiences such as numerous hiking trails and horse trails, bird watching, photographic safaris, mountain biking, abseiling and white water rafting
- There are also many game reserves in the area like the Weenen Game Reserve, the Spioenkop Nature Reserve, the Chelmsford Nature Reserve and Wagendrift Nature Reserve, among others.
- At Hattingspruit is the Tom Worthington Dam where you will find the Farmer’s Brewery that brews traditional home-brewed German and Austrian beers.
- Accredited Battlefields Tour guides are also available and can be arranged for on prior notification.